“Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” —Christopher Robin
What is Winning ?
Too often people get the term “winning” confused.
If you ask most people what winning means, I bet majority will answer: being the first not the last or something like being the best in achieving that goal you have set up.
These viewpoints might be right but don’t best describe the word “winning”.
Think about it for a moment, it’s like asking yourself:
Can you win and actually lose at the same time…?
Can you be a winner if you don’t reach your goals…?
I once had a conversation with a friend regarding a certain goal, and i told him I was winning. He looked at me and laughed, then said: how can u be winning when you not at the top (first), do you have an idea what winning is he added.
I smiled back at him and replied: funny how people confuse winning and winner to be the same, but actually it is not. Me using this phrase means i’m referring to the fact that i was moving forward, getting closer, gaining results and seeing myself progressing, moving toward to a desired outcome, getting there on track. My actions are regulating towards my desire, purpose and my dreams.
It’s not about being first or whether you win or lose but how hard you try. If you put all effort in it and try hard and harder every time, then you are winning/a winner -regardless of you not being first and losing.
This is how i define Winning. Moving forward with actions of getting closer to that desire.
Think about it: what is winning to you and how does it reflect in your journey…
Few quotes i find best describe winning to my own viewpoint:
-Winning is about hanging on in there when others give up.
-Winning is having belief in yourself and the business you run.
-Winning is about standing in your power, living on purpose in harmony whilst making a profit.
-Winning is about embracing your creativity, inner wisdom and all that is unique and important to you.
-Winning is a game of inner transformation”.
It only gets easier, same way practice makes perfect. We all started somewhere but step-by-step you are closer.
All that is needed is commitment, Patience and lastly Endurance. Like it’s said:
“Rome wasn’t built in a day”.
When you practice something, you formulate a realistic plan and stick to it. Setting aside a dedicated time to learn and practice the new stuff will help keep accumulated information’s fresh.
Nevertheless don’t overwhelm the mind. Also budget a break between every journey, because the mind needs a chance to breathe. Take an hour or two, minutes or day & do something fun or relaxing.
The famous Greek Philosopher Plato once said, “Life must be lived as play”. Which suggest we should fill our life with activates that we enjoy.
It’s never that easy or fun chasing to achieve something great but having the chance to create a routine is what makes it less difficult.
In every journey there is pressure, stress and difficulties. Best way overcoming the above is the word “Endurance”, it is maintaining commitment to a goal during times of pressure.
My reference to an article i read states:
“Endurance is more than just hanging on by your fingernails… it is also sticking to the end to achieve a final goal even when stress and difficulties might challenge and destroy. Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory. — William Barclay
It’s one of the most fundamental parts of sustainable success. Without it, the goals you have set for your life will be challenging to achieve”.
Those are the most important steps i infuse in my everyday life to get closer with every new goal i setup.
Am I better today than I was yesterday?
Yes should be your everyday answer. But when u can’t say that, then you need to do something right way to change your answer to Yes!
“People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
It usually isn’t what you have, where you are, or what you’ve been through that makes you happy or unhappy, it’s how you think about it all. It starts on the inside. You control your thoughts. The only person who can hurt your happiness in the long run is YOU.
Here are 50 thought-provoking quotes about happiness, which will help you think on the bright side.
- It only takes one person to make you happy and change your life: YOU.
- Your life will improve only when you take small chances, and the first and most difficult chance you can take is to be honest with yourself.
- Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. It could be so much worse.
- It is not what happens to you, but how you respond to what happens to you. Count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.
- Look for something positive about this moment. Even if you have to look a little harder than usual, it still exists.
- When you smile about the life you live, you end up living a life worth smiling about.
- Remember, social comparison is the thief of happiness. You could spend a lifetime worrying about what others have, but it wouldn’t get you anything.
- Happiness comes more easily when you feel good about yourself without feeling the need for anyone else’s approval.
- Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them again on your way back down.
- Set an example. Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
- Kindness is not to be mistaken for weakness, nor forgiveness for acceptance. It’s about knowing resentment of any kind is not on the path to happiness.
- Give as much as you can, but don’t allow yourself to be used. Listen to others closely, but don’t lose your own voice.
- Say what you need to say. Speak your truth. There is no greater sadness than holding on to the words you never had the courage to speak.
- You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react and who you choose to be around.
- Negative company will never give you a positive life. Examine what you tolerate in the long-term.
- What you allow is what will continue. It’s always better to spend more time alone than allow negative people and their opinions to derail you from your destiny.
- When other people treat you poorly, walk away, smile and keep being YOU. Don’t ever let someone else’s bitterness change the person you are.
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth. It’s their loss, not yours.
- One of the most freeing things we learn in life is that we don’t have to like everyone, everyone doesn’t have to like us, and that’s OK.
- When someone says, “You’ve changed,” it’s not always a bad thing. Sometimes it just means you stopped living your life their way.
- Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that comes to you, and to follow a path that makes you happy.
- The unhappiest people in this world are the people who care the most about what everyone else thinks.
- You can’t base your idea of success and happiness on other people’s opinions and expectations.
- Happiness and success is all about spending your life in your own way. Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you’re doing it wrong.
- It’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of the one you don’t.
- Work to create a life that feels right to YOU, not one that looks right to everyone else.
- No amount of money will make you happy if you aren’t happy with yourself.
- Maybe the thing you’re scared of is exactly what you should do. Sometimes life is about risking it all for a dream no one can see but you.
- You can’t always wait for the perfect moment. Sometimes you must dare to do it because life is too short to regret and wonder what could have been.
- The most reliable way to predict the future is to create it. Participate in life instead of just watching it pass you by.
- Nothing’s more fun than doing what people say you can’t do.
- Almost anything is possible if you’ve got enough time and enough nerve.
- Great challenges make life interesting; overcoming them makes life meaningful. It’s how you deal with failure that determines your happiness and success.
- Let your mistakes be your motivation, not your excuses. Decide right now that negative experiences from your past won’t predict your future.
- What is coming is better than what is gone. Don’t give up hope. Good things often happen when you least expect it.
- If you take another step, and another, you will be surprised to know how far you can go from the point you thought was the end.
- Nothing is more beautiful and powerful than a smile that has struggled through the tears.
- Any fool can be happy when times are good. It takes a strong soul with real heart to develop smiles out of situations that make us weep.
- No matter how long it takes, it will get better. Tough situations build strong people in the end.
- As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is a step forward.
- At the end of the day, you can either focus on what’s tearing you apart, or what’s holding you together.
- One of the most rewarding moments in life is when you finally find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
- Whatever you do, don’t get stuck on the one thing that ruins your day. Smile and be grateful. Life is too short to waste on negativity.
- The less you expect, the more pleasant life gets.
- Patience can be bitter, but the seeds you plant now will bear sweet fruit.
- Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else to the powers above you.
- Do not dwell so much on creating your perfect life that you forget to live.
- The trick is to enjoy your life today. Don’t wish it away by waiting for better days ahead.
- Pay attention to the little things, because when you really miss “the good old days,” you miss the little things the most, like just laughing with someone special.
- Go for long walks. Indulge in great conversations. Pay attention to the moment. Count your blessings. Let go for a little while and just be and breathe.
Failure doesn’t mean you not good enough or anything of that nature.
At some point in life everyone fails. Failure is the part of success that makes you appreciate the importance of that victory!
When i was a kid in school a teacher told me: failure is just something every successful person has gone through, is the road to success.
I really didn’t understand the statement back then but later on slowly i get to understand the word “Failure” after being a victim. Yes it did happen, i failed at something sometimes but got to learn that you don’t die from failures.
Instead it makes you to humble yourself and learn how to pick up from mistakes, in-order to move on.
All the great men and women in history had one thing in common: Failure.
They often failed and failed to the essence of even quoting about failure.
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
— Denis Waitley
Failure is success if we learn from it.
— Malcolm S. Forbes
But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it’s better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you’re fighting for.
— Paulo Coelho
Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.
— Oprah Winfrey
If you haven’t failed yet, chances are you aren’t trying very hard. Failure doesn’t mean something bad but you trying a new thing you haven’t mastered. It only represent opportunity and growth not lost.
In an article i read earlier about failure as a tool for success, it says: “Success takes willpower, intelligence, determination, and grit. But more than anything else, it requires failure. Success is about learning how to recognize why you failed, and how you’re going to compensate for it”.
Which also means whenever we make mistakes or fail at anything, you don’t just quit.
you have to figure out what brought about the failure…
what steps are needed for you to continue or try again…
How can you change your failure to learning/success… what can you do everyday to make your next try greater.
And for you to be determined, you have to trust yourself and not that which people say about your failure. Your goal should be to impress yourself not to impress others.
Take for example people that create event. Not all events are successful from start. It takes mistakes, failure and great experience to build a successful event.
Without going through all this, you won’t be able to truly appreciate that victory in a joyful manner !
Victory means much more to a person who has never won before than those who always win. To them they appreciate that accomplishment more than the thought of success.
Watch this video below:
Have you ever come across the word “knowledge is power” and what are your thoughts…?
Being good at anything requires knowledge, and knowledge is the information acquired through education or experiences.
Having to know anything is very important but doesn’t mean you have the right knowledge. Right knowledge for me: is the action you apply to information or education you have acquired. This is known as experience, making the right use of that information by putting it in practice and see yourself produce/develop out of that which you’ve acquired.
Acquiring knowledge can be very simple to do with the help of reading books, doing researches or even getting information from newscast etc. There is a difference of just knowing without putting it in actions and “knowing” by doing.
It’s like you studying something on the internet/at school and saying you have the knowledge but in practice you find it difficult, because you haven’t done it before. Such knowledge can easily be forgotten.
“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein
Knowledge can be worthless if you don’t put it in actions or have the motivation to create something with it.
Whatever you do with that experience matters a lot because you have to be able to challenge yourself , so you can grow and learn. Sometimes you don’t succeed with that knowledge of what you know but all you have to do is start over. The more you learn to experience the easier it becomes.
“Knowledge is power. Power to do evil…or power to do good. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.”
― Veronica Roth, Allegiant
For me i believe that “motivation” is powerful than the word “Knowledge is Power”.
As noted earlier: it is easy to acquire knowledge through different means but how motivated are you to do something with it, that’s a We could see someone doing something wrong or mistreating others and we know such is wrong , we have the knowledge of what is right or wrong but we still don’t do the right thing. All because we not really motivated to take that right step, instead we allow fear to take over our action & knowledge.
SHARE and leave your thoughts!
How often we don’t find ourselves at this point, doing things in repeat or having the regrets = wish I started earlier or didn’t quit at first. Now starting over again what a pain and time wasting.
Procrastinating is a dangerous thing, there is never a better timing than immediate response to tasks. Think like this: you don’t know your next hour, minute or seconds. Anything can happen when you least expect and your timing becomes too late whereby you had the chance earlier.
A Stitch In Time Saves Nine
IF not now when… Procrastination is that action of you ruining your own life for no reason.
This happens to everyone from time to time, so I’m not perfect as a writer but knowing the various causes of procrastination might help you to respond quickly.
1. Lack of motivation!
Our motivation can be very low and we end up finding it hard to get anything going. Let go of worries and try to discover your purpose in life, let it inspire you. It’s hard to defeat procrastination if you don’t have a purpose. We don’t procrastinate on things we love to do, which makes it difficult to think you’re going the wrong way.
You easily can start procrastinating when stressed and worried, don’t expect to be so productive at this point. Your only way out is reducing that amount of stress in your life. You have to balance your day, do things because you really want to and not because you have to. There is time for everything right… So as much work is being done same thing goes for play time as equally important. That way you can reduce stress.
3. Don’t overwhelm yourself.
One thing at a time, we are not superheroes, you don’t multitask yourself true reality.
The more items you give yourself the more overwhelming you become and start procrastinating. Give yourself as much as you can handle even when you trying to push your ability to do more, don’t over push. Reduce schedules of things.
In job places, I don’t personally tolerate a job that makes me overwork myself to that point of feeling overwhelmed.
Take control and make less space for procrastinating.
Courage is not the non-existence of fear. It is you overcoming your fear in any situation.
To pursue a dream you need to be courageous, taking a risk for something good.
Fear is the factor that rob us all of our dream. The way to overcome this is courage. Having courage is being able to face that failure and the situation of getting hurt.
Fear can make one hopeless, helpless and even do things more wrongly. But note: the word fear only exist in the mind.
You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.
You being courageous can conquer all this by having the willingness to confront any danger ahead. Courage can make the difference between your circumstances and greatness.
Being realistic; there are no perfect moment, so don’t expect greatness while sitting on your butt waiting for the perfect opportunity before you act. Don’t hold your breath because It won’t happen.
You need to have the courage to take risks if you want to go anywhere in life.
People take risk everyday even mountain climbers risk it just to see how beautiful the view it from far. It is the same for us. We must be courageous and willing to risk it.
You grow through your experiences, it is mostly where you find the strength to move forward.
Do you & will you have the courage to live life to the full?